Monday 10 May 2010

Not the last post ...

... but the one hundredth. In the last 100 posts I've encountered empty museums in the Arctic, tried to find the shape of time, faked Nevelsons in West London and snoozed in the Lit & Phil Library. What next?

I'm celebrating my centennial post with the news that the British Library have requested permission to add the blog to their digital archive of UK websites that are 'considered to be of long term research value'. In case one gets big-headed about such an honour, the curator adds that some of the sites selected may be considered 'trivial' and 'basic', but are nevertheless chosen for being representative of particular interests in society. There's no grand plan behind this blog and I'm sure it doesn't represent any broader interests than my own very peculiar ones. But I've always liked talking to myself ...

2 comments:

Mário R. Gonçalves said...

Dear Nancy,

you never talked alone, you allways had me faithfully reading your posts. You really deserve that "distinction" as your writings are so original and enriching.


Mário

NANCY CAMPBELL said...

Dear Mário
It's always a delight to hear from you too! Thank you for your nice words.
Nancy