Monday 20 August 2012

Two Autumn Workshops



This autumn I will be teaching two courses in London:
THE POETRY SCHOOL
Following my workshop on artists’ editions of Wallace Stevens’ poems, I’ve been asked to teach a workshop at Free Verse: The Poetry Book Fair on 8 September.
As a nod to the many books that will be circulating at the event, I decided we could afford to be a little iconclastic. In Altered Books we’ll adapt existing books using cut-up, collage and mark-making techniques to create new structures and texts. For inspiration, we’ll examine a selection of altered books made by artists and writers. We’ll discuss poetry beyond the text including visual elements, invisible elements and the role of chance in writing. This workshop is now sold out.
UCL Department of Scandinavian Studies
To mark the cententary of August Strindberg’s death, UCL has organised a season of events called The Red Room — also the title of Strindberg’s most famous novel, named after the salon where he and his friends would meet in fin-de-siècle Stockholm. I’ll be delivering an altered books workshop on Saturday 6 October, looking specifically at Norvik Press’s new edition of The Red Room. Further information and booking available here.

2 comments:

JAQUINTA said...

I am looking forward to the Free Verse: The Poetry Book Fair. I am glad that your workshop has already sold out.

Jaquinta
londonbookworks.blogspot.co.uk

NANCY CAMPBELL said...

Thanks, Jaquinta.

I like your blog - already bookmarked!